Blogs > Lighten Up With Michael

Michael Wagner, of Mayfield Heights, is a 63-year-old contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lighten Up

It's been an interesting few days. I had a bit of a test on Thursday evening through Saturday morning. Went to Punxsutawney Pennsylvania with some college buddies for Groundhog Day and the events that lead up to it. So we're dealing with restaurant food, some of which isn't so good for you. I had a gyro salad Thursday night. The motel we stayed at had complimentary light breakfasts, so that worked out okay. The restaurant we spent time at on Friday offered only pizza, wings and french fries, so I skipped lunch. At some other stops, I snacked on veggies & dip and some cheese cubes.
 
My wife and I had a fabulous meal at Cabana's last night. With the coupon for my meal, it was two meals for the price of one. My wife had the Chicken Romano. She said that it and the vegetables were very good. I had the Chicken Fiesta. It was fabulous and had a spicey kick to it. Danielle, the waitress, and Josh, the manager were both excellent and courteous. Thanks to Laura Kessel for arranging the free meal and to Mike Good and the staff at Cabanas for providing it. We look forward to going again. For those Lighten Up participants who haven't tried it, it's well worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home