Blogs > Lighten Up With Michael

Michael Wagner, of Mayfield Heights, is a 63-year-old contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Lighten Up

GRATITUDE! That's the word that best expresses my feelings on the completion of this contest! Thanks to the News-Herald, especially Laura Kessel for sponsoring again and for all the time and effort that Laura puts into Lighten Up. My sincere thanks also goes out to the following individuals. To Cori Kitaura of Lake County General Health District for her monthly counseling sessions and for eating tips and encouragement. To Jaime Brenkus and his staff and L.E.A.N. Living for hosting the monthly weigh in sessions and his positive encouragement. To Mike Goode at the staff at Cabana's Restaurant for providing a free, scrumptious meal from the Lighten Up menu every week.
 
Congratulations to fellow participants who worked hard to accomplish their goals.
 
Our sponsors gave us the road map and now we have to follow it on our own. As I said in the counseling meetings with Cori, if this program is treated as a diet, it will fail in the long run. It has to be treated as a lifestyle change. If I want to continue to succeed and keep my weight down, I need to continue the same eating habits. Here's hoping that I listen to my own sermon.
 
Thanks again and best wishes to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home